Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Cletusmania...

At our meeting last week, my co-worker Lisa mentioned there was some band that played at the Jack’s in Pinson that was gaining quite the cult following among north Jefferson County senior citizens. Unfortunately, Jack’s was opposed to the audience gettin’ down and boogieing, and the band recently had to move their shows to the community center in my old stomping ground of Kimberly, Ala.

Needless to say, I knew this story was going to be grand and I was looking forward to getting our section this section week. And yesterday when my editor mentioned the story was called Cletusmania AND there would be a video posted online as well, it was evident the final product was well above and beyond my already high expectations.

Who is coming with me to see Cletus and the Ole Timers play their next gig?

http://www.al.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2009/08/cletusmania_grips_pinson_kimbe.html

4 comments:

  1. Okay, so....

    A) Is that the Jack's that's near the Fultondale/Pinson area? Like near the fire in the sky??? I hope so. Cuz I've eaten food from there several times.

    B) That is fucking adorable.

    C) You KNOW how much I like to dance now....I think that I would fit right in. We have to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dana, this is so amazing. We have to get Natalie and Alex to see this.

    ReplyDelete