Sunday, August 30, 2009

I have a confession…

I didn’t really like “Confessions of a Superhero” all that much. This documentary tells the story behind the people who dress up as Superman, Batman, the Hulk and Wonder Woman and parade around Hollywood waiting to get tips from people asking to have their photos taken with them.

The concept is definitely fascinating, as it is not something we really think about as an occupation, yet there are many who do this in Hollywood Boulevard and cities like it.

The problem with this documentary is I never really connected with and/or cared about any of the “real superheroes.”

Superman was bizarre with an off-the-wall obsession of collecting Superman items and looking like Christopher Reeve, Batman was just angry and average making it off his George Clooney-like features, the Hulk was a sad, former homeless dude with teeth that were hard to look at and Wonder Woman was a struggling actress with relationship and body image issues.

I’ll admit, I did start to become more interested and have a partial change of heart toward the end. So if you have a particular interest in superheroes or movies that take forever to redeem themselves, than I do recommend it to you select few and only you select few.

It did encourage me to add Superman’s hometown of Metropolis, Illinois to my list of places I’d like to visit someday. What a crazy lil’ town to live in.

http://www.metropolischamber.com/

1 comment:

  1. Sad! It's on our netflix queue... maybe getting pushed way down as of now.

    ReplyDelete