Tuesday, August 25, 2009

"People are Crazy" by Billy Currington

I heard on a country radio station that this song was #1 on the charts a couple of weeks ago … that is how you KNOW it is quality!

The main line in the chorus says it all in this week’s song – “God is great, beer is good and people are crazy.”

I’d like to think most of you agree with at least 2 out of 3 of these statements, but for me it’s all three. Thanks Billy for writing my life’s motto. I’m not sure if there is a God, but if there is I know he is great, and I know faith in something higher is great the very least. Beer is definitely good; that is why the social lives of many of my friends revolve around nightly beer specials. And lastly, if you don’t know that people are crazy, please let me introduce you to some people I know.

If the chorus isn’t getting you, maybe you should think about how realistic this song is. I mean don’t we all meet an old man at the bar circa 2 a.m. and talk about chicks and politics, pondering life and death for hours, only later to find his obit page in the newspaper disclaiming he’s a millionaire and he’s left his fortune to you? I’d sure as heck stop by and drop a six-pack on his grave too Billy; seriously, that’s the least you could do.

Lyrics: http://www.cowboylyrics.com/lyrics/currington-billy/people-are-crazy-26124.html

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqrogegV1lw

No comments:

Post a Comment